Tuesday, February 28, 2006

ONE

I suppose one of the strange things about yesterday’s soul-searching shuffle was the fact that it produced songs by all three bands I’ll be seeing with brain coral during our March Month of Concerts: Belle and Sebastian, The Pogues, and Stereolab.

I once had it in me to be a mathematical proficient, but now I’d have to defer to greater minds to crunch the numbers and figure out the odds of this happening.

So here are the raw numbers:
-The condition that needs to be met is the appearance of all three of these bands at least once in the five-song data set.
-The universe of available songs is 286. (It is, after all, a 2GB nano, and there’s still about 500MB that I have not yet filled.)
-The sub-universes are as follows: Belle and Sebastian, 34 songs; The Pogues, 38 songs; Stereolab, 17 songs.

I’m waiting Will Hunting…

No comments: