Wednesday, January 07, 2009

CRACKING MY SWEET LOVE

Things I know about Skeletal Lamping:

-My obsession with Hissing Fauna made it tough for Skeletal Lamping to gain a foothold with me initially. It’s sort of like when Stereolab followed Dots and Loops with Cobra and Phases.
-Like Cobra and Phases, Skeletal Lamping is three or four songs too long. Not sure which ones just yet.
-The fact that I don’t have a set of those mad vinyl stickers on my office wall still baffles me. I stare at empty off-white space each day, and it mocks me. Soon, my Capri Coast OC-87, friend. Soon.
-Taeko says it sounds like David Bowie. She’s convinced I have some latent David Bowie fixation. I swear I don’t. Oh, BTW, Happy Birthday, David Bowie!
-The last two minutes of Nonpareil of Favor is pretty much bliss on a stick.

No comments: