Friday, February 06, 2009

ANGER IS AN ENERGY

Injustice tears at Sebastian.

He’s probably too young for me to call him noble, exactly, but it’s something close.

If he feels that I have slighted his mother or his sister even a little, he lets me know about it. I shoved Taeko gently the other day, in response to some cardio-kick moves that she had laid on me. Sebastian rose quietly from his chair, circled the perimeter of the table, and without an immediate word, started pushing me.

“How do you like it? Is it funny?” He was in a heat, but I wouldn’t call it a rage. He really wanted an answer.

And lest you think it’s all Oedipal, he will spring with equal zeal to the defense of total strangers. I once made fun of an abstract someone, and he tried to turn around and do the same to me.

“How do you like it? Is it funny?”

I think he’s always a little surprised by my response:

“Thank you, Sebastian. Thank you.”

Injustice tears at Sebastian, and it always will…

No comments: