Friday, November 20, 2009

YOU ARE FORGIVEN

Ever since I heard Chris Michaels when I was half asleep a couple of weeks ago, I've been half obsessed.

So I took the next logical step last night and made a mix CD for my commute-- called it “Taco Lettuce Crunch Mix.” And of course, it led off with Chris Michaels.

The next song after was A Quick One by The Who (Rock and Roll Circus version). Because Chris Michaels is basically A Quick One writ sideways, in secret-twin language.

Like this:

“Plume bloom bloom blaby bloom
Cheep cheep beep bee-bee beep.”

Or, with a slightly more narrative bent, like this:

“But just now she’s angry came up
And said You’re so so stup’
It’s all disrup’
You’re blah blah this this that so now sh’up
You messed it up.”

And don't get me started on Tony of the Franklin Park hockey club...

Plain fucking genius.


No comments: