Tuesday, September 07, 2010

AGAIN, I SWORE OFF CANADA

My friend He Knew He Was Right (HKHWR, as the kids call him) has been in the blogging business now for six months.

He writes primarily about family, horticulture, music, travel, sports. And don't be scared off by the moniker-- he's not a Glenn Beck or a Rush Limbaugh. It's just the title of a Trollope novel that neither you nor I have ever read...

In my 'umble opinion, this is his most affecting post to date. His conflation of the trials and tribulations of landscaping and his efforts to fill out his family tree have particular resonance for me, what with my black thumb and meager family line.

The piece is what I consider the best of HKHWR-- it is eloquent, elegant, and teaches me about things I know and do not know.

I thank him for it, and look forward to more.

Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

tthrash said...

And I thank you, Sliced Tongue, for the inspiration. I know that I've suggested you write about this, or write about that, so I finally decided to write about it myself. Only thing is, I don't find myself writing about what I wanted you to write about...

Anyway, football season is upon us, and I will certainly be writing about that. And I promise not to write about a certain New Orleans Saints QB who might have done wonders for a team in southern Florida.

Thanks for the plug. :)