Friday, March 02, 2012

BANGING LIKE CHARLIE WATTS

Trouser Press, June 1982
John Hiatt
Doll Hospital/Some Fun Now



I'm afraid I have to admit that I don't know much about John Hiatt, subject of this sky-blue flexi.

I know he's been at it since the mid '70s, and continues to this day.

I imagine that if he came to your midsize town, he'd probably sell out the local. You'd go on the advice of a friend who swears by him, maybe have a couple of domestics and something off the bar menu and have a great time that you'd remember for a week.

Hiatt's impact on my listening life has been limited to Drive South, Slow Turning, and Perfectly Good Guitar, of which Slow Turning definitely takes the prize.

It's a (w)ry, Stones-referencing reflection on growing old/up that sounded swell in 1988 and still does today...

No comments: