Monday, April 17, 2006

I FOUND THE F

I was cleaning my PC keyboard today with a can of 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane-propelled compressed air, and I realized that there is something immensely satisfying about the whole experience.

You aim a long thin straw at the crevices between all the jumbled numbers, letters, and symbols on the keyboard, pull a trigger to release the air, and a mix of dust and debris jumps out of the cracks.

The longer you hold down the trigger, the colder the can gets, so you need to take periodic breaks. Which is a good thing, because you’re only supposed to use it in well-ventilated areas, and I’ve seen folks get a little lightheaded after protracted exposure.

Coincidentally, I’ve made the exact same observations and come to the exact same conclusions regarding Broadcast’s Tender Buttons…

No comments: