Friday, June 24, 2011

THERE'S NO REASON TO GRIEVE

Click. Refresh. Click. Refresh. Click. Refresh. Click. Refresh. Click. Sold out. Fuck.

That was the sound from a few days ago of not getting tickets to either of two September Jeff Mangum shows in Baltimore.

However, my disappointment turned fairly quickly, and I found it heartening that there is such apparent enthusiasm for these shows.

It says to me that there are a good number of people out there in the mid-Atlantic states for whom Neutral Milk Hotel (and probably more to the point, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea) remains meaningful.

And when you get right down to it, a world in which In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is meaningful is a pretty good world.

So I'll recast my initial reaction in retrospect:

Click. Refresh. Click. Refresh. Click. Refresh. Click. Refresh. Click. Sold out. Fantastic.

Enjoy the show, friends!

No comments: