Friday, September 22, 2006

YES YES YES

True confession Friday.

The other day, I listened to Roundabout. The whole thing, nearly.

I mean, mountains came out of the sky, they stood there, and I kept right on listening.

It helped that every minute and a half or so it basically turned into a different song.

Which explains the original title:

Suite: (i) The Wizard Meets the Gnome and They Dance With Small Sacks of Colored Stones Around Their Necks. (ii) Lotusland Doth Rejoice at No Longer Being Overswept by the Shadow of Pinthorn the Dragon. (iii) The Mouse and the Maid Lie Down Together in the Barley, and Their Dreams Evanesce.

Would history have been as kind to the song if Rick Wakemen hadn’t objected to the implied slaying of Pinthorn in that title?

I guess we’ll never know. I guess we’ll never know...

No comments: