Monday, January 29, 2007

WE'RE ALL BOZOS ON THIS ARQUEBUS

Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues (oh crap, I lost you already, didn't I?) was a nicely overwrought piece of overorchestrated hippie fluff. The Late Lament, that little poem tacked onto the end, pushed the needle way into ludicrous.

“A new mother picks up and suckles her son”-- sheesh.

But, lo, this morning I heard Departure, the little piece that segues into Ride My Seesaw (which-- full disclosure-- is a pretty cool song), and it takes things to a whole different level.

“Or the strength of an arquebus deep in the ground”...

To which I say, “What?”

Or, more properly, “What the fuck?”

I know it's of no consequence to us the living, but my mind was considerably blown nonetheless.

I gained some much-needed grounding this evening on the links page of a Moody Blues fansite, where I found myself one click away from “your one-stop source for custom embroidered bandanas.”

As I pondered the connection between the band and the bandanas, I read a little further, and hit the epiphanic moment:

“Everybody loves bandanas!”

This, then, is my new mantra. For I know it to be true...

Everybody loves bandanas!

No comments: