Monday, July 16, 2007

I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT US ANYWAY

1. Pagan Poetry, Bjork
Jose Pagan was a middle infielder with the Giants and the Pirates in the 60s and early 70s. A lifetime .250 hitter, he finished 11th in the NL MVP voting in 1962, a year in which he batted .259 with 7 HR and 57 RBI, and sported a .312 OBP.

2. Alarm Call, Bjork
Well, someone's feeling a bit Bjorky tonight, huh Mr. iPod?

3. Soul Survivor, The Rolling Stones
The early 70s can be summed up by the fact that the Stones use the phrase “bell bottom blues” in this song, nicking it from the Derek and the Dominoes track of the same name.

4. Buddy Holly, Weezer
I remember brain coral mocking my love of this song while we moved aimlessly one day through the music section of the Charlottesville K-Mart back in 1994...

5. Summer Crane, The Avalanches
The first time I owned a radio with a tuning knob, I spun it with as much torque as I could muster. It sounded like an avalanche...

No comments: