Thursday, August 02, 2007

I CAN EVEN FIND IT IN MY HEART TO LOVE MIKE LOVE

1. Un Secret Sans Importance, Monade
Thank you Norman Conquest, for making me feel intelligent enough to actually understand what that title means. Vive le rock!

2. Misty Morning, Albert Bridge, The Pogues
Last night as I laid in bed and fought and fought to fall asleep, I had the urge to listen to this album. So I'm glad the iPod came through with a piece of it...

3. Downs, Big Star
When Alex Chilton turned into a hot mess...

4. Navigator, The Pogues
OK, another Pogues track had me rushing to their Web site to see if Shane had fallen down a well or something. (“What's that, iPod? You say Shane's in trouble?”) The kick in the pants is that I see Phil Chevron has throat cancer, and has taken a medical leave from the band. Peace and love to you, brother.

5. Funky Pretty, The Beach Boys
“What's that iPod? You say the Beach Boys are in trouble?”

No comments: