Wednesday, March 05, 2008

DETOX

During the course of work today, this phrase jumped out at me: “liver regeneration.”

I thought about how my mother willed my father’s body to science after he died at 46, so that further research could be done on his cirrhotic liver.

I thought about how my brother benefited from that research when he got his liver transplant 17 years later. Still, he didn't make it to 33.

Then I thought about Shane MacGowan, who just turned 50 this past Christmas day.

Liver regeneration.

Huh…

4 comments:

justdafacts said...

My oldest & dearest friend,

Just stumbled back into your world googling Mrs. Trueman. Yours was the third hit. I love Mrs. Trueman too. And Constance Alice.

I had every expectation you'd see the better side of 30.

Good that your constant companion, the radio, in its contemporary iterations, is still turned on.

And you're blessed with wife and children, as am I, and still robbing sugar from the bowl on the lazy susan on the kitchen table when I think no on sees.

sliced tongue said...

Love to hear more from you-- please send your e-mail address when you get achance!

sliced tongue said...

"Achance"-- that's just swell...

justdafacts said...

I'm achance now, Me Too. My email is sleb123@msn.com