Tuesday, March 02, 2010

CAN OF TASTY FOAM

So, yeah-- “Star Fucker” (or, if you prefer, “Starfucker”; or, if you are prudish and prefer, “Star Star”).

It is really quite sad as it strains to offend.

The only saving grace is this, which sounds more like a cry for help than a cocksman's boast:

“Honey, I'm open to anything/I don't know where to draw the line...”

OK, OK, there are a few other saving graces:

-It's, um, catchy. However, you might not want to catch it, nor will you likely know what to do with it once caught.

-The sudden spasm of guitars in the last verse, which I assume are there to obscure John Wayne's name in the lyrics.

-And I swear that amidst all the “you're a star fucker”-ing Mick slips in an “I'm a star fucker” somewhere toward the end. Damn straight, you are...

No comments: