Monday, March 01, 2010

WHEN WILL THOSE CLOUDS ALL DISAPPEAR?

I suppose that for the 70s Stones of the Month club to serve its educational purpose, I'm actually going to need to listen to the damn things.

I bought Goat's Head Soup last week, and tried one night to listen start to finish on my iPod.

But I was tired, and I fell asleep about halfway through. One minute Mick was whispering “Angie” and the next thing I knew he was bleating “Star fucker, star fucker, star fucker, star fucker, star.” Now I don't mean this priggishly, but that right there is not a pleasant way to wake up from a nap.

The weird thing about “Angie” the song is that there's another version floating spectrally right beneath the surface. This sounded intentional on the radio when I was 8, but now, listening through headphones, it's so pronounced that it seems like plain old sloppiness...

No comments: