Monday, October 17, 2005

PAUSE

Happy 5th Anniversary brain coral!

The least of what you've done is inspire me off my ass to tend to my graying gray matter, so that my own creative impulse doesn't atrophy.

I mean, to supply the depth and breadth of content that you have over these last five years (and these last two years with notes), well it's pretty damn impressive. I'm on post 59 now, and sometimes I look back on the halcyon days of post 27, when it all came so easily...

So thank you for the peek inside your brain, for the mix tapes, for the links, for the photos (and for the record, my favorites are the ones where you focus on an everyday industrial object to the point of abstraction, but also include some words printed or embossed on the object so that it swings back to the everyday again), and for the inspiration.

1 comment:

brain coral said...

Ah, post 27. Those were heady times indeed.

Thanks, my friend. I am in a perpetual state of feeling like my blog is stagnating and uninteresting, so it's always nice to hear that someone's getting something out of it. You should know that, along with Pitchfork (those bastards!), CNN, and Salon, your site has become one of my few must-visit-before-I-do-any-work sites every morning. Believe me, seeing you work at this and post fairly steadily has been a huge inspiration to me given my recent doldrums - now I'm just hoping that one of my posts each week can measure up to the quality of your daily output.