Thursday, November 02, 2006

YOUR CASSETTE PET

Can't buy a thrill. Haven't bought an upgrade...

Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, Blonde on Blonde, BOB DYLAN

Subterranean Homesick Blues kicks off Bringing It All Back Home with a khat-y rush, and then the words just keep on coming...

Some of my favorite lyrics from this period:

Take what you have gathered from coincidence (It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue)

Well, John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the Commander-in-Chief
Saying, “Tell me great hero, but please make it brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?”

The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and cry"
And dropping a bar bell he points to the sky
Saying, “The sun's not yellow it's chicken” (Tombstone Blues)

Now when all of the flower ladies want back what they have lent you
And the smell of their roses does not remain
And all of your children start to resent you
Won't you come see me, Queen Jane? (Queen Jane Approximately)

Oh, the ragman draws circles
Up and down the block... (Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again)

For good measure, I should note that I’ve also never replaced Blood on the Tracks.

And for the life of me, I can’t tell you why...

No comments: