Tuesday, December 05, 2006

DECISION ROCK

Bad title. Bad.

Puncture in the Radax Permutation, Stereolab

OK, my Franco-Brit friends, you know I pledged my troth many years ago.

But this is just brutal.

I still don’t know what the hell “radax” is. A game for the Commodore 64? A prescription antidepressant? A really bitchin' guitar?

What doesn’t help matters is the fact that the lyrics read like a sketchily translated synopsis of episode 6 of Bubblegum Crisis. “Humble biped you’ve come undone/You detached the mechanical”...

But just to prove my love, here’s a compensatory list of Stereolab song titles that kick the collective ass of all comers:

Our Trinitone Blast
Pack Yr Romantic Mind
Lock-Groove Lullaby
French Disko
John Cage Bubblegum
Avant Garde M.O.R.
Ronco Symphony
We’re Not Adult Orientated
Three-Dee Melodie
Fiery Yellow
Pop Quiz
Heavenly Van Halen
Metronomic Underground
Cybele’s Reverie
Tomorrow is Already Here
Diagonals
Velvet Water

No comments: