Wednesday, December 20, 2006

HAROLD ANGEL

Holiday malaprop, part 1

I was looking over some holiday cards that my wife was getting ready to mail, and my thumb stopped at one addressed to "Mr. Noir Strange."

"Do we really know someone named Mr. Noir Strange?" I asked, excitedly. "That's goth-tacular!"

Well, a quick trip to the address book revealed that we don't know anyone named Mr. Noir Strange. Just someone with a name that sounds kind of like Mr. Noir Strange.

And we are the lesser for it, I say...

Holiday malaprop, part 2

I took a bit of a long cut back from the market, so the kids and I could see some Christmas decorations.

"Look at that one!" my daughter enthused. "It's got a candy cane, and flashing lights, and a little Baby Genius."

Ah, Baby Genius. That's really what Christmas is all about, isn't it?

No comments: