Wednesday, February 28, 2007

BRITNEY SHEARS

The Murder Mystery brings the third Velvet Underground album to a grinding halt. Voices to the left of me, voices to the right of me...

The one line I’ve always loved, though, is this: “Shaving my head’s made me bolder.”

I’ve done it twice myself.

I did it last summer before a trip to Japan, because I knew I was going to be met with stifling heat and humidity, and I was determined to stay cool.

The only burden turned out to be an aesthetic one, and a series of baseball hats helped succor my vanity.

The other time was four or five months before I left my previous job. It was not exactly a cry for help, but it was a clear assertion that I found myself in need of a fundamental change.

And shaving my head made me bolder.

Razamatazz, Brit. Razamatazz...

No comments: