Tuesday, May 22, 2007

THE EXCITING WORLD OF HIP

Might as well face it, I'm addicted to shuff...

1. I'm the Man Who Loves You, Wilco
I suppose calling them a post-rock Grateful Dead would sound like an insult. But there it is. Now deal.

2. I Am a Tree, Guided By Voices
I suppose calling them a post-post-rock Grateful Dead would sound like an insult. This one is positively epic for them-- it's almost five minutes long, for chrissakes. And they pretty much sustain, except for the parts where they torture the metaphor (“So climb up my trunk and build your nest”-- um, ew).

3. Download Sofist, Mouse on Mars
Pretty like a car commercial...

4. Prologue, Dimitri From Paris
Believe it or not, I paid someone $35 to buy me the Japanese version of Sacrebleu when it was first released. It came with a bonus disk, which I've never even listened to. I really liked the album itself though. And here's 36 seconds of it...

5. Blue Spark, X
There are a few identikit X songs on Under the Big Black Sun, and this is one of them. It at least has the grace and good sense to not stretch far beyond two minutes...

No comments: