Thursday, June 28, 2007

BOP BOP SHOOBIE DO WAA

Shoufflé for one...

1. You Make Me Feel So Young, Frank Sinatra
The whole world knows that I'm a swingin' lover...

2. Girlfriend is Better, Talking Heads
Between this album and Pilgrimage by R.E.M., 1983 was the year of speaking in tongues. Wasn't sure what to make of that in 1983, not sure what to make of it now...

3. Come Back From San Francisco, The Magnetic Fields
Exquisite, except for that “I miss doing the wild thing with you” part. I would have preferred “fucking.” Heck, maybe even “humping.” Or how about “unskinny bopping”? Eh, not so much...

4. I Can't Win, The Strokes
Once saw them play a hall that's since been converted into an upscale off-track betting palace. The Moldy Peaches opened, and they were juvenile, stoopid, and great. A folie a deux shared by 200, or whatever the capacity was. The Strokes played the 13 songs they knew, and then disappeared into the upper-middle-class night...

5. More Than Physical, Bananarama
I swear, I have no idea where this came from. Maybe my wife put it on here....OK, OK, I own the damn greatest hits album. Shy Boy? He Was Really Sayin' Something? Robert DeNiro's Waiting? Cruel Summer? Genius, each one of them.

No comments: