Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'M A PILL

1. Immature, Bjork
From my favorite album to feature the Icelandic String Quartet. Though of course one could make a strong case for “Dóttir þeirra hét Guðrún”...

2. This Is Not a Love Song, Public Image Ltd
This is not a bad song, but the album is just pure evil in its mediocrity. I will smash that album to bits anytime that it crosses my path.

3. Jungle Music, Special AKA
OK, when it first started, I rolled my eyes and groaned a little. I was still stuck on the sheer biliousness of that Public Image shiite, I suppose. But you won me over in the end, Special AKA.

4. Desifinado, Antonio Carlos Jobim
I made a mix CD over the weekend that included Girl From Ipanema, which I heard this morning and stayed with me straight through until evening. So hearing this now puts a nice warm circle on my day...

5. What Do You Do When Love Dies, Dusty Springfield
Dusty Springfield kicks Janis Joplin's everloving ass.

No comments: