Monday, June 11, 2007

I'M AN ALTO

My promise to you: today's shuffle will not end right smack in the middle of Journey's Don't Stop Believin'...

1. If Money Talks, Jason & The Scorchers
Ahead of their time? Eh, I don't know about that. Raucous, smart, and a hell of a lot of fun? Yes, yes, and yes.

2. Pete Standing Alone, Boards of Canada
Music for when your robot is having “issues.” I would've called it Twiki Standing Alone, but what the fuck do I know...

3. Orange County Suite, The Doors
Never heard of it? It's a bonus track on the L.A. Woman reissue, and it's basically a real song. Not a particularly good one, but a real one. Lyrics to cringe by...

4. Prelude to 110 or 220/Women of the World, Jim O'Rourke
My somewhat tortured metaphor for this back when it came out compared it to building an onion layer by layer, rather than peeling an onion layer by layer. And I'm sticking with that.

5. Wrong Time Capsule, Deerhoof
Deerhoof make magical little songs for magical little people, and it suits them just fine. Thank you, Deerhoof. Thank you.

No comments: